Rent and Utilities Assistance
With our income being consumed by food, gas, and other essentials, rent and utilities unfortunately fall by the wayside. We all fall behind on occasion, and there are resources available to help in these situations. Please consider contacting the resources we list on this page for further information and help in your time of need.
Douglas-Cherokee - Neighborhood Service Centers
Douglas-Cherokee serves Monroe County by providing a variety of services to low-income individuals and families. The following list shows some of what they offer:
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Vouchers for help with rent/mortgage evictions, utility disconnect notices and food.
- Distribution of USDA Surplus Commodity food.
- Job placement services
- Limited home visits and errands for elderly and disabled clients
ETHRA (East Tennessee of Human Resource Agency)
The East Tennessee Human Resource Agency serves the region by providing various services for low-income families in need. The following list shows some of what they offer:
- Education: Training and classes from career development to DUI classes.
- Employment Services: Training and job assistance resources to the community.
- Housing and Utilities: Assistance with rent costs and home utilities.
- Independent Living: Services for seniors over 60, caregivers, or adults with disabilities.
- Judicial Support: Providing offender supervision alternatives.
- Nutrition: Nutritious meals for senior citizens and children. Groceries for those in need.
- Transportation: Transportation and related services.